Gas Fireplace Repair & Maintenance in Toronto
Call AccuServ to fix your fireplace fast, or perform industry-leading annual maintenance
Table of Contents
- 1 You want to get your gas fireplace back up and running this Toronto winter, but there’s a problem. Either...
- 2 And now you need it fixed so you can enjoy a warm, cozy fire again.
- 3 Our Toronto gas fireplace repair and maintenance services are specifically designed to...
- 4 In fact, when we come to do gas fireplace maintenance at your home, our highly skilled technicians follow a detailed list of 21 inspection and cleaning checkpoints, providing you with the most thorough maintenance in the industry.
- 5 21 Point Inspection and Cleaning
- 6 Advantages of Gas Fireplace Maintenance
- 7 Ready to repair or maintain your fireplace? Fill out the form below, or call us directly at 647 691 0364 to schedule your service call
- 8 Frequently Asked Questions
- 9 What our customers say
AccuServ Is Your Local Toronto Gas Fireplace Repair and Maintenance Company
Our highly trained HVAC professionals are dedicated to get in and solve whatever issue you’re having with your fireplace quickly, so that you’re safe, warm, and back enjoying your home fast. We’ve got the 5-star reviews to prove it! Our technicians are familiar with all brands and models, so whether you’re looking to have your annual maintenance checkup, or require an emergency repair, we’re here to help. We keep extended hours and book appointments by phone 24/7, so call 416-269-2228 now to schedule your appointment.
You want to get your gas fireplace back up and running this Toronto winter, but there’s a problem. Either...
- You haven’t used it in years, and it’s covered in dirt and grime
- Your pilot light won’t come on or stay on, and everything you try isn’t working
- Your pilot light is running, but the burners won’t come on
- Or something else is wrong, but you can’t figure out what it is
And now you need it fixed so you can enjoy a warm, cozy fire again.
Our Toronto gas fireplace repair and maintenance services are specifically designed to...
- Get in, identify the problem, and repair it as quickly as possible. We’re not interested in racking up a bill. We are interested in getting your fireplace running better than it has in years!
- Get your fireplace clean so that it looks great, and you don’t encounter issues with lighting, maintaining heat, or smells in the future. We’ll also show you some easy tips on how to keep it clean and functioning properly, even after we’re gone.
- Ensure that your fireplace is operating safely. Our technicians are trained quickly identify any hazards. Armed with a high-end Carbon Monoxide detector and gas sniffer, they ensure that there are no deadly gases present and your unit is 100% safe.
- Give your old fireplace new life, so that it’s working as well, or better, than it was on day one!
In fact, when we come to do gas fireplace maintenance at your home, our highly skilled technicians follow a detailed list of 21 inspection and cleaning checkpoints, providing you with the most thorough maintenance in the industry.
21 Point Inspection and Cleaning
- Thorough inspection of firebox
- Test ignition system for safe and proper operation
- Test exhaust system for proper venting
- Test remote and receiver
- Test manual switch
- Brush clean and vacuum burner
- Test fireplace flame for proper burn mechanism
- Measure and adjust gas pressure for peak efficiency
- Measure amperage of thermocouple
- Replace fireplace embers
- Test airflow for deadly carbon monoxide
- Clean fireplace exterior
- Test safety & control circuits for proper operation
- Lubricate & clean blower motor (if applicable)
- Replace batteries in remote control
- Inspect for combustible material around fireplace
- Brush clean and vacuum firebox
- Clean tempered glass with special cleaner
- Clean Thermopile
- Tighten and inspect all electrical wiring
- Test for natural gas leaks
Advantages of Gas Fireplace Maintenance
Ensure that your gas fireplace is safe
Restore the visual appeal
Frequently Asked Questions
Most gas fireplaces operate on a pilot system that heats a thermocouple or thermopile that generates electricity to power the system. As long as there’s gas being supplied, it should operate without an external source of power.
No. They are not intended for wood burning. Burning wood in a gas fireplace will lead to severe damage to the system.
A gas fireplace can produce a variety of smells. Each smell has a significantly different cause. Rotten egg smell is typically the smell of a gas leak. A “burnt dirt” smell could be dust burning off the surface of your fireplace. This smell is typical when it hasn’t been used or cleaned for an extended period of time. Whatever the case is, it’s always best to have a technician confirm there are no immediate hazards, and recommend the best course of action for solving the problem. A chimney cleaning and vent check can go a long way.
Pilot lights could be failing for several reasons. The most common reasons are a weak thermocouple and/or gas valve. A technician can confirm the reason
Most gas fireplaces allow you to adjust the flame range with either a thermostat or directly on the gas valve. You could also invest in a blower to push the heat produced throughout the room.
There are many possibilities, a quick test is to see if you could get your pilot light running. If you can not get a flame, check the gas supply or even the sparker. If pilot lights but does not hold, it could the thermocouple or the gas valve. In either case, your best bet is to hire a professional technician to assess the problem.