Here in Toronto, we are willing to do almost anything to find the perfect balance between being comfortable in the winter and saving money on heating. A new survey from Direct Energy shows multiple bad habits in Canadians as pertains to saving energy, and not just on heating. Look at some of these statistics:
- 29% leave the doors or windows open when the heat is on
- 81% leave certain electronic devices (e.g., the computer or radio) on 24 hours a day
- 88% don’t maintain their heater
Luckily, one of the easiest steps to take to save money this winter is to cut down on heating energy waste. And one of the largest wastes comes from inefficient furnaces and heaters. By calling us for regular maintenance, we can help you find ways to reduce your heating bill.
We can ensure that your heater is working at peak performance. Our first piece of advice is typically to change your furnace filter every 3 to 6 months, especially before winter sets in. But we can help you with many other cost-saving techniques:
- Programming your thermostat to automatically lower the heat output when you don’t need it
- Inspecting and repairing and furnace flaws
- Upgrading to a tankless water heater, which can help you save up to 30% on water heating costs.